Under the Manila Amendments to the STCW Convention, it will be mandatory from 1st January 2014, for all seafarers to possess knowledge related to security awareness, before engaging on board a vessel, and to undergo security related training. This course meets the requirements of Regulation V1/6 of the STCW Convention as amended.
MARF003 Follow vessel security procedures
(STCW Reg VI/6 and Code Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4, Table A-VI/6-1)
This course is AMSA approved and is part of the STCW – Certificate of Safety Training.
The other STCW Certificate of Safety Training modules required are:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Basic Fire
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Elementary First Aid (Senior First Aid)
Download the Information Sheet below for more details.
What will you need?
- Lunch – there is a lunchbar within walking distance
- Enclosed footwear and neat casual clothing
- Passport photograph
- Writing materials (eg. pen, pencil) and paper
When and where is the course run?
The SAT course is conducted at AMI, located at 61 Quill Way, Henderson WA.
Contact our reception for further information on 1300 684 116 or use the form below to make an enquiry.Course and Pricing Schedule Download Information Sheet