The Coxwain Grade 1 Near Coastal course is designed to provide students with knowledge, skills and competencies, which qualify them to:
a) Command and operate a vessel <12 m long in inshore waters, carrying passengers and with propulsion power;
- for an inboard engine – < 500 kW; or
- for an outboard engine – unlimited; and
b) Under the same propulsion power limits, command an operate vessel <12m long:
- as a tender or auxiliary vessel – within 3 nm of a parent vessel in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ);
- within waters designated for a specific purpose by a state or territory authority which permits holders of this certificate to operate (subject to any conditions that it may impose).
See Information Sheet for more details.
3 weeks (Full Time)
What will you need?
- Lunch – there is a canteen within walking distance
- Enclosed footwear
- Passport photograph
- Pre-requisite evidence (if applicable)
- Writing materials (eg. pen, pencil) and paper
When and where is the course run?
The Coxswain Grade 1 course is run roughly three times per year at AMI, located at 61 Quill Way, Henderson WA.
Contact our reception for further information on (08) 6364 0764 or use the form below to make an enquiry.Course Timetable Download Information Sheet