MAR2013 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
AMI is now offering Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in conjunction with North Regional TAFE (RTO#52788)
The Coxwain Grade 1 Near Coastal course is designed to provide students with knowledge, skills and competencies, which qualify them to:
a) Command and operate a vessel <12 m long in inshore waters, carrying passengers and with propulsion power;
- for an inboard engine – < 500 kW; or
- for an outboard engine – unlimited; and
b) Under the same propulsion power limits, command an operate vessel <12m long:
- as a tender or auxiliary vessel – within 3 nm of a parent vessel in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ);
- within waters designated for a specific purpose by a state or territory authority which permits holders of this certificate to operate (subject to any conditions that it may impose).
Download Information Sheet for more details.
2 weeks (Full Time)
What will you need?
- Lunch – there is a lunchbar within walking distance
- Enclosed footwear and neat clothing
- Passport photograph
- Pre-requisite evidence (if applicable)
- Writing materials (eg. pen, pencil) and paper
- You will also need to purchase a set of dividers, parallel ruler & a compass
When and where is the course run?
The Coxswain’s course is run regularly (Approx. three times per year) at AMI, located at 61 Quill Way, Henderson WA.
Contact our reception for further information on 1300 684 116 or use the form below to make an enquiry.Course Timetable Download Information Sheet