MAR30813 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal)
AMI is now offering Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 (NC) in conjunction with North Regional TAFE (RTO#52788).
The MED2 course is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies, which will qualify them to:
- Act as Chief Engineer on a vessel with an inboard engine with propulsion power <750kw in waters to the outer limits of the EEZ.
- Act as Second Engineer on a vessel with an inboard engine with propulsion power <1500kw in waters to the outer limits of the EEZ.
- Act as a Chief Engineer or Second Engineer on a vessel with an outboard engine with unlimited propulsion in waters to the outer limits of the EEZ
- Assist an Engineer in any tasks that may be required on board while working under the direct supervision of the person in charge of the vessels engines
- Work in an engine room of a vessel <80 meters long with propulsion power <3000kw
Download the Information Sheet below for more details.
The pre-requisite course can be completed at AMI for an additional fee – please enquire for more details.
3 Weeks (Full Time)
What will you need?
- Lunch – there is a lunchbar within walking distance
- Enclosed footwear and neat casual clothing
- Passport photograph
- Writing materials (eg. pen, pencil) and paper
- Pre-requisite evidence (if applicable)
When and where is the course run?
The MED 2 course is run regularly (Approx. three times per year) at AMI, located at 61 Quill Way, Henderson WA.
Contact our reception for further information on 1300 684 116 or use the form below to make an enquiry.Course and Pricing Schedule Download Information Sheet