Certificate of Safety Training (STCW)
The Certificate of Safety Training course is the first step to a pathway for a professional and successful career on the sea. This course is designed to provide students with knowledge, skills and competencies, which qualify them to work as a General Purpose Hand on any sea going vessel.
The Certificate of Safety Training is Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) approved and is made up of five short courses as follows:
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Security Awareness Training (SAT)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
Hold a Senior First Aid Certificate listing the following units of competency (or equivalent)
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
This will be converted to Elementary First Aid, and noted on the statement required by the regulator, Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
Download the Information Sheet below for more details.
What will you need?
- Lunch – there is a lunchbar within walking distance
- Towel & Bathers
- Enclosed footwear
- Passport photograph
- Writing materials (eg. pen, pencil) and paper
When and where is the course run?
The STCW course is conducted monthly at AMI, located at 61 Quill Way, Henderson WA.
Contact our reception for further information on 1300 684 116 or use the form below to make an enquiry.Course and Pricing Schedule Download Information Sheet